Who We Are
The La Mesa Church of Christ is a community of Christian believers dedicated to serving, encouraging, and mentoring families with children at home, while also helping to develop fully devoted followers of Christ. We approach this ministry focus by providing a variety of worship opportunities, mentoring programs, fellowship events and service projects. If you are looking for a moderately-sized, family-friendly, multi-generational and multicultural church to be an active part of, then the La Mesa Church of Christ is a place you can call home.
Our Mission – “Loving God, Loving People”
Jesus summarized all of God’s law into two commandments: He said that the first and most important commandment is to love God: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” (Mark 12:30). This means we are to seek to honor God in every area of our lives. Jesus then said the second most important commandment is to love people: “…love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31). We express this love in a few essential ways. This first is by making disciples through the sharing of the gospel. The second is by becoming better disciples through the lifelong process of growing in Christ and understanding the principles found in His Word. A third way is by serving one another and our community.
“‘…Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” -Mark 12:30-31
What We Value
- Authentic Relationships – The Christian life is about intimacy with God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and grace-filled, honest relationships with one another.
- Biblical Accuracy & Cultural Relevancy – The Bible is the unchanging word of God and we are responsible for communicating it in relevant, creative and compelling ways to serve seekers and build up believers in a culture that is constantly changing.
- A Culture of Acceptance and Growth – We accept all people as they are because that is the way God accepts each and every one of us. At the same time, we recognize God wants us to grow continually, always striving to be the people He needs us to be.
- Strategic Ministry – All members are considered ministers who have been called and gifted to serve in areas for which they are uniquely fitted. Their gifts complement the gifts of others, maximizing their greatest potential to be to be fruitful and fulfilled in God’s kingdom.
- Spirit-Filled Worship – We believe that worship is the act of displaying our reverence, love, and devotion to God. It is our goal to be a loving community in which its members will be encouraged and equipped to worship God daily—through personal, family, and corporate worship in such a way that lives of both believers and unbelievers will be changed for the glory of God.